Friday, September 16, 2011

The Importance Of Teaching Kids Their Parents And Guardians Phone Number and How To Call Collect

I woke up early from an awful dream... I left my daughter at a Verizon store and forgot to pick her back up...then couldnt find her hrs later...we found her purse & her dead Cricket phone in there & signs she had settled down somewhere.
For real life that means for me that it's time to cancel my Verizon phone and make sure kids still know how to call collect and my new Cricket number. Good reminder!
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR KID MIGHT GET LOST OR EVEN ABDUCTED! 
The following is also a good thing in case of other emergencies. These days it's easy to reach authorities for kids to locate their parents or pass on emergency information. 
When I was about 5 years old, my mother collapsed at the kitchen table and fell into a seizure. I was home alone with her. My parents had taken me to to their volunteer German red Cross classes since I was a toddler.  I called my grandma, gave her all the necessary information,  and she called an ambulance. I put my mom into a safety position the best I knew how and removed furniture and objects that could hurt her. My mom was saved, though she was in a coma for a while. But my calling for help was the thing that saved her. It was a life saver to know how to make that call and do some First Aid.
The very least your kids should know is how to call 911 or reach an operator by dialing "0"! Of course, they need to know their parents or guardians full name, too, and if possible, their address! Calling collect is easy, too, with phone numbers like 1-800-Collect.  Kids are the best learners at an early age! teach them every day, keep at it a couple of weeks, and they'll know how to act in an emergency situation!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment