Thursday, September 8, 2011

Zen of the Day: Our Capacity For Experience

When I am on Facebook I use an application called "My Daily Zen", because it can be quite inspirational and raise philosophical questions and start interesting discussions.
 
 
 
Here is my most recent Zen of the Day:
 
"We do not learn by experience, but by our capacity for experience"
I gave my 2 cents on this by expanding on the meaning, or my understanding thereof: 
...our capacity to understand that we can learn from our experience, and the fact that EVERY experience, good or bad IS a life lesson! =)
I want to talk to this just a little more. The understanding that everything we experience has a lesson to teach us makes dealing with unexpected and dire circumstances much easier. Comprehending that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, indeed, helps us to be more open to learning from our challenging experiences. The fact that we can only improve through trial and error, yet stay positive, gives us a major advantage over those who rest in misery, pitying their circumstances and themselves. Rather than becoming stagnant in situations that might bring us down, we should attain a new attitude, use our capability to be creative, and look for different approaches, unusual methods and better solutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment