Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dreamscapes

I am very intuitive. My dreams sometimes end up being premonitions. I told people what I dreamed about and hours, days or months later, I was made aware that what I had dreamed, became reality. I also have lucid dreams. Lucid dreams are those in which you can consciously take action to change to outcome of a dream situation. I have had real-time dreams that reflected real-time happenings with real people miles away from me. I confirmed those things right after waking up, minutes after they actually happened.
The mind is a strange thing. Everybody can perceive things at least as well as me, but most people write dreams off as just being imaginary, creations of the brain, maybe based on past experiences or fears of the future.

I believe that in a dream state, the mind gains access to different levels of consciousness, hidden knowledge, maybe even different dimensions. It is most interesting that the brain cannot tell the difference between being awake and being in a dream, for the most part. The physical and emotional reflexes both states of consciousness cause in the body are identical. To me, that means that dreams are simply our mind on a different (higher) plane of reality.



A person that doesn't dream, or complete R.E.M. phases, will not survive long-term. The stress on a body deprived of the ability to rest in sleep paralysis while letting the mind perceive and process thoughts, is too great! I have been there. I had to wake up straight from the last R.E.M. phase and get up out of sleep paralysis, which the body creates temporarily to prevent you from sleep walking and hurting yourself, and go to work at 4:30am... I found myself suffering from shift workers sleep disorder... my body just could not adjust to the schedule I was on - and it hurt me bad. I got depressed. I just about feel asleep on my commute and at work. I literally became debilitated for a while. Eventually my schedule changed and it was a life saver!

Back to dreams. If dreams weren't important, we wouldn't have them. And why are dreams symbolic a lot of times? My daughter dreamed of a two-tailed wolf a bit back, and neither her nor I have ever seen such a mutation or heard of it. It also makes me think of St John's dreams in the Book of Revelation in the Holy Bible. Why would our mind come up with such weird images, all by itself? Are dreams messages from the spirit world we just chose to ignore most of the time? It's possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment