Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wonderful Junk Drawers...

I love my junk drawer! Every time I find something in my home that I can't classify as belonging into any particular spot, it goes into that drawer. After a while, when I need something and can't find it anywhere, I go to my junk drawer in the kitchen and - boom - there it is! Not to mention, that going through my junk drawer often yields unexpected treasures lol. So today I came across a package of shoe laces I've had in there forever, as it seems, and they were a perfect match for some older Converse shoes I own, because the ones, that were in the shoes were no longer doing their job, because they were tied together in hard knot I just couldn't pry apart.
Of course, you will think that a junk drawer seems like a messy alternative to putting stuff somewhere in a more organized fashion, but I just love digging through my "junk" and finding stuff I really didn't need when it was thrown in there, and get inspired by other stuff I see. I guess it must be the treasure hunter in me - it takes a little more effort to find stuff, but in the end it's kind of rewarding. My kids like the concept, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment